Sign Up for the Get It Together Girl Newsletter

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Birthday Blessings and Birthday Blues

Today is a ‘milestone’ birthday for me. I am now 40 years old. It’s definitely a glass half-empty, half-full affair. As I enter my fifth decade, I would have never guessed that I would be never-married and childless (half-empty). At the same time, I am now a home-owner. I am debt-free. I have meaningful work that I love. And, I’m the proud pet parent of Marty, America’s Favorite Pooch (half-full).

I was talking to a friend about the half-empty part. She said to me, “But, you are a life coach!” True, and I realize this is a case of “physician heal thyself.” And I am working on it. Being a coach doesn’t mean that I don’t have issues. We all do. I guess for me being a coach means that I’m a person who continues to seek answers - a person who constantly and consistently seeks opportunities to grow.

In the meantime, I’ll celebrate my health, my friends and all the glass half-full. Focusing on the half-empty part won’t help me get it filled but being grateful for all the blessings that I have definitely will.

No comments:

Post a Comment