Sign Up for the Get It Together Girl Newsletter

Monday, April 4, 2011

Keys to Success: Know What You Want

In this six week series, each Monday, we'll be exploring what it takes to succeed.


You can't get what you want until you know what you want. It seems like a no-brainer. Yet, it isn't as simple as it seems. A lot of people know what they want in vague terms - they want to be happy or successful. But how do they define happiness or success because the definitions are slightly different for all of us. They know they want a 'good job' but what is that? Is it solely determined by salary or is there more to it?


The first key of success is to know what you want, in detail. If you want to get married will any person due? I didn't think so. When I think of my ideal job, salary plays a role but so does the type of work I'm doing, the type of people I'm working with and the type of environment I'm in.

If you don't know where you are going, how will you when you get there?

When I imagine my successful weight loss, I do have a specific number in mind (but I'm not telling you...), but I have more than that. I imagine myself in a red fitted dress in a specific size (I'm not telling you that either! LOL!). I look great. I feel great. People are complimenting me and I'm all smiles. I feel good!

So think about it. What will your success look like? Will it come the exact way you imagine it, maybe and maybe not, but it will give you a clear target to shoot for.

2 comments:

  1. love the positive vibe...keep blogging and congrats on becoming my first follow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading some of your posts!

    ReplyDelete