Sign Up for the Get It Together Girl Newsletter

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Karyn Cooks: BBQ Chicken Salad

Back in the spring, I challenged myself to make some delicious salads. I haven't been much of a salad fan because when making salads on my own I always ended up with the boring standby of lettuce, tomato and cucumber. Needless to say, it was a hard salad to get excited about. So I thought about the kinds of salads I order when I go out. You know the salads that sound good and taste any better. I mastered three salads so far: BBQ Chicken, Chinese Chicken and a Popcorn Chicken Salad. To change it up even more, this next go-round I'm going to go for salmon, steak and shrimp salads. What can I say, I'm a carnivore! Anyway, I love the BBQ chicken salad. And with summer here, I thought this would be a great recipe to share because you probably have some barbeque chicken breast around and this would be good to use with leftover BBQ Chicken. Here are the ingredients. I'm not putting any measurements on this recipe because you can determine how much to add according to your own taste.

  • Chopped BBQ chicken (tossed lightly in your favorite BBQ sauce)

  • Green Onions

  • Diced tomatoes

  • Diced cucumber (or jicama)

  • Black beans (drained)

  • corn (if using frozen, thaw it. You could also roast it if you like)

  • Ranch dressing
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss. Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. We are having a BBQ for my daughter’s birthday party next weekend and I would like to make a few different salads. I am thinking of potato salad, a pasta salad or a greek salad. I need to make 3 or 4. Can you give me some recipes please?

    ReplyDelete