Sign Up for the Get It Together Girl Newsletter

Monday, May 21, 2012

WonderFUL!


I’m organized … but you know that. Anyone who’s read this blog also knows I’m the author of Get It Together Girl: A 28-Day Guide to Practical NOT Perfect Home Organization. A few months ago, while up late watching TV, I saw an ad for a WonderFILE, a foldable portfolio that promised to make sense of my paper mess. It sounded like a good idea.

Now, you may be thinking, what is an author of a book on organization doing with a paper mess? Well, I don’t have much of a mess but on my dining room table was a little wooden ‘catch-all’ bin that was driving me crazy. Magazines went there, so did coupons, take-out menus, stamps and mail, and things I needed to file. It’s the area of my house that I really needed to do something about.

The weekend before last, while at the mall, I took a trip through the As Seen on TV store. For me, this is a true guilty pleasure. I love the knick-knacks and fun stuff that I find there! Lo and behold, they had my WonderFILE and for $14.99 I thought I’d give it a try.

I got it home, brought it into the living room and started organizing. In about 10 minutes, my ‘catch-all’ bin was retired, replaced with a neat, organized file. Finally, there were places for my coupons, bills, items that needed to be filed, stamps and just about everything else I had. It was amazing. It was clean. It was neat. It was quick.

I’ve used it now for over a week. When the mail comes in, the stuff that doesn’t get thrown away actually has a place and I couldn’t be happier.

Well, I could be a little happier, they sell the WonderFILE on Amazon for under $10!


No comments:

Post a Comment