Sign Up for the Get It Together Girl Newsletter

Monday, July 16, 2012

Status Update

The year is over half-way over. So, how are you doing on the goals you set at the beginning of the year? One of my goals was to have more fun. I planned on doing that by reinvesting time and attention to two hobbies that fell by the wayside (cooking and photography) and one I had always wanted to try (dance).


Cooking - I've invested in new cookware and bakeware. I've made risotto from scratch and tried my hand at a few new recipes. So I have made some progress. This month my goal (mini-goal) is to go through some of my cookbooks and find a few dishes to try before the end of the year.


Salsa - I've always wanted to dance and this year I decided to make that dream a reality. I signed up for a six-week Salsa class. I've progressed through Salsa I and Salsa II. I'm just about to start Salsa III. I've also recently purchased my first pair of Salsa shoes! I'm really enjoying my lessons. Now my new goal is to make it through four levels of salsa and audition for the competitive amateur team!


Photography - After reviewing my Nikon manual and the DVDs that came with the camera, I decided that the only way I was ever going to get better at photography was to actually get out and take some photos. My friend Cindy is a professional photographer and I asked her to include me on any photo excursions we take. So far we've been to the Riverbanks Zoo and a local sunflower field.


I thought I'd share the best of those pictures with you.







So if you'd like, share the progress you've made on your goals this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment