Sign Up for the Get It Together Girl Newsletter

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

In Praise of Sister-Friends

Good friends are one of the things that make life worth living. I’m not talking about acquaintances but truly good friends, the ones who stand by you through thick and thin. They celebrate your successes with you and are right there with you with a helping hand, a shoulder to cry on or a gentle spirit when you go through your low points and setbacks.

I’ve been blessed with several good friends. While I don’t have a husband or a child of my own, I have a family of good sister-friends (and one brother-friend). What I love about friendship is that unlike family, you pick your friends and they both reflect and magnify what you are. You pick people who get you. You pick people who understand you. You pick people who support you and who you support as well.

Good friends truly are a blessing and if you have one or some, don’t hesitate to tell them how much they mean to you and add to your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment