Sign Up for the Get It Together Girl Newsletter

Monday, August 2, 2010

Get Going!

You know about the Law of Attraction. It’s simple. What we think about, we bring about. It’s simple, almost deceptively so. In the first place, it’s not as easy as it seems to focus on what we want (over what we don’t want). In the second place, thinking alone doesn’t always make it so.

That is where the Law of Action comes in. It’s also simple. It says, if you want it, you have to take an action to get it and then once you have taken action, you have to follow-through.

Attraction + Action = Transformation

Like many people, I read and watched The Secret. I was excited by the prospect of using my mind to create my reality. Since I am a computer girl, I created my vision board in PowerPoint. I had slides for everything that I wanted for myself: my house (got it), my car (got it), my husband (still waiting on that one) and money, lots of money.

I made the PowerPoint into my screen saver and set it up so that it came on often. I also printed it out and placed all of the slides on my bathroom door and in my kitchen. About a month after I had completed the vision board, I was rushing home from work. I had a lot of little things I needed to do (return emails, write blogs, work on my newsletter). Not wanting to be distracted, I decided to do it without the television in the background. Yet, something told me to turn it one.

I followed my intuition and tuned into Who Wants to be a Millionaire. It was midway through the episode, during a commercial break, they announced they were coming to my town to conduct auditions. Immediately, I went to the site and got the details. The next day at work, I told my boss I’d be late that day because I was going to audition for the show.

A friend of mine said she would audition to. I was excited! The day before the auditions, my friend backed out. She just had too much work to do to take the time off. I understood but I was still up super early so I could get a good spot in line. I was #47, part of the first group. We completed our questionnaires and then were tested. We used SAT-like answer cards so they were graded quickly. Once we passed, they took our photos and we each spent a few minutes talking to a producer. I was back at work by 10:30 a.m.

A month later, I got the call to be on the show. To make this long story short, I won $100,00.

I tell you this story not to brag or boast (half of the money went to taxes and $50,000 doesn’t go as far as you think it would. I tell this story to show you how the Laws of Attraction and Action work.

I believe that the Law of Attraction brought the opportunity to audition to me. However, if it weren’t for the Law of Action, that opportunity would have passed me by. I had to act. I had to get the information. I had to take off of work. I had to get up and show up at the audition. Later, I had to figure out the cheapest way to get to New York for the taping.

As a result of that action, I got the house and furnished it; I got the car; and, I got my core coaching certification.

Attraction may start the process but it’s action that finishes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment