Sign Up for the Get It Together Girl Newsletter

Monday, August 29, 2011

My Bad!

As you know, I share a lot of my life within these blog posts. Something happened recently that I have to share. You can file it under “Lessons Learned.”

Lately, I have been spending a lot of time on this as well as my other blogs. I’ve also written a second Get It Together Girl book, due out in late September or early October on saving time.

However, while working on all of these other projects, plus my job, my web site fell by the way side. I knew I needed to renew the domain but I just never got around to it. By the time I did, it was too late … someone had purchased losetheexcuses.com. My website was gone. I can’t afford to pay a small fortune to buy it back so I had to move on.

Lose the Excuses, the website, can now be found at www.losetheexcusesnow.com. This is a huge setback considering every article I’ve written and every business card I’ve passed out over the past three years is associated with the old site; but what else could I do?

Honestly, it's all my fault and I own every bit of it. I did receive several notices that my domain was about to expire but I had lots of other things to do. Something so minor .. costing less than $20 and five minutes of my time ... slipped through a crack I created and now it will cost me big time.

I try very hard to keep on top of things but every once in a while, something gets past me. Yes, I am a coach and I write about these things and on a certain level, I do know better. However, I’m also a human being who can and does make mistakes. My philosophy is that as long as I continue to draw breaths, I will continue to make mistakes. The goal then is not to not make mistakes but not to make the same ones twice.

I think my butt is bruised from all the kicking of myself I’ve done this weekend. Suffice to say, this has put my website back on my radar and believe me, this is not a mistake that I’ll make a second time.

So visit the site … http://www.losetheexcusesnow.com/ and if you need to reach out to me, you can do so at karyn@losetheexcusesnow.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment