Sign Up for the Get It Together Girl Newsletter

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Taking a Dump (but not like THAT!)


Life is good! And it’s also very busy. I've got a full-time job, three blogs to manage, a book to write and a life to lead. I’ve been running like a crazy woman and to tell the truth, I feel like it’s catching up with me.

So what is my plan for tonight? First, I’m going to do what I call a brain dump. I’ll pull out my smart phone, open up the planner and write out all the to-do’s racing through my head. I always feel better after a brain dump. Getting those ideas out of my head goes a long way to getting rid of that nagging fear that I’m going to forget something.

After that I’m going to do … nothing. Well, actually I will do a couple of things. I’m going to take a long bath, write in my journal and maybe get some reading done or find something good on television.

If I tried to work tonight, I wouldn't get anything done anyway. I’ve learned that when I’m tired and I try to force myself to work, I end up stressed and frustrated and unfocused. Any work I accomplish will take twice as long and end up half as good.

So this evening, I will relax and tomorrow, I’ll wake up rested and ready to go.

Now … I’m going to go take that dump!

No comments:

Post a Comment