Sign Up for the Get It Together Girl Newsletter

Monday, December 23, 2013

Teamwork Makes the Dream Work!

I launched Get It Together Girl Radio in September. I absolutely love doing the show and am looking forward to next year. I am going from a single guest an hour to a two guest an hour format. I’m also implementing a weekly Facebook Fan of the Week contest complete with a Get It Together Girl T-Shirt for the winner.

It is a lot of work, really a second job. As much as I love doing what I do, I also realize that I cannot do it alone. No one can. Success is never a solo project. I’ve reached out to one friend who has designed a logo for me and helps me with graphics. A coworker has introduced me to a woman who is helping me with marketing. Now, I have a woman who is going to be my entertainment commentator on the show. Truth be told, I could really use an intern!

While it is sometimes easier to just do it all yourself, at some point you have to let others in. Women who try to do too much eventually run into the realization that they can’t do it all. Unfortunately, it often comes after the crisis has occurred.

We must realize when we need help and then take the step to ask for it. When asking for help…

  • Know exactly what you need help with and are asking someone to do.
  • Do not wait until you are spent and emotional to ask. Leave emotion out of it.
  • Be generous with your support and with your gratitude, let people know that they are appreciated.

So in the meantime, I solider on, with my ragtag team. In 2014, I hope to be adding that intern to my crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment