Sign Up for the Get It Together Girl Newsletter

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It's a New Year Woo-Hoo!

Of the holidays that collectively make up The Holidays, the one I like the most is New Years. I know that is strange; but it isn't Thanksgiving or Christmas (or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa). I love the idea of a new year. It's a new start and a new beginning.

Although, with every year, the number of people who make resolutions decreases, I like the idea - except I don't call them resolutions I call them goals. Resolutions, to me, are wishful thinking - and it is no wonder that most people don't achieve them. For me, a goal comes with a plan. A goal implies work and that is exactly what it will take to achieve it.

My five-step process is called, the Golden Goals Method.

  1. Mine the Past - Look at your recent past (good and bad) for the lessons it has to teach you.
  2. Flash to the Future - What would your life look like a year ago if everything went according to plan.
  3. Stop Shoulding! - Get rid of any goals you have because someone else things you should have them.
  4. Plan to Succeed - For each goal, have a team to help you and a Plan B to get you back on track.
  5. Get Real - Recognize that success takes time and it takes work. If it were easy and could be done overnight you would have done it by now!
The Golden Goals Method is available as a downloadable program for just $25. It takes less than an hour to create three goals and the plans you need to achieve them. It's fun, it's got great music and you will have goals you actually want to work to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment